History of the 236th Toronto Scout Troop
The 236th Toronto Scouting Group is a not for profit organization committed to the Scouts Canada mission, To contribute to the education of young people, through a value system based on the Scout Promise and Law, to help build a better world where people are self-fulfilled as individuals and play a constructive role in society.
An application to start a Scouting Group was submitted and received by the Boy Scouts Association on June 15, 1950. A charter, number 1849, was issued to the group on June 28, 1950 and the Group became The 236th Toronto Scouting Group.
We recognize Father Leo G. Smyth, Executive Officer and Pastor of Holy Name Church, G. J. Fernandez, J O’Reilly, P F Smith, Albert King, J L Jordan and Mr. Badali Jr. as Group Committee Members at the time of the charter issuance.
The goal of our programme is to encourage our young members to developing friendships, and a desire of life long learn through, camping, crafts, games and badge training. In addition to encourage song and music we have formed the 236th Cub and Scout Drum Corps and a guitar group called First Light Scout Band.
Our 1st Cub Pack had 22 youth members and our 1st Scout Troop had 21 youth members.
Names of youth throughout the history of the Group is generally available in the archives of the 236th Scouting Group.