Fall Camp Sept 23-25, 2016
14919 Kennedy Rd, Whitchurch-Stouffville, ON L4A 7X5, Canada
The normal travel route recommended is
- north on parkway to 404
- north on 404 to Aurora Side Road
- east on Aurora side road to Kennedy
- south on Kennedy to the camp.
Camp is on the east side a very short distance south from Aurora Side Road on Kennedy Rd. We will meet everyone at camp on Friday June 5. Please try to arrive for 7:30 p.m at the camp. Drivers must not leave the camp till the youth are with at least 2 scouters from our group.
Camp roads are very bad so please travel in the camp very slowly and watch out for campers.
On Sunday, we would like to have parents arrive at the camp at 1:00 p.m. and we will leave the camp at 2:00 p.m. and expect to be at the skips house around 3:00 p.m. Note: a must, parents, it would be helpful if you could come back to skips house to unload the trailer. Its really helpful to offer your assistance as the leaders are pretty tired by this time.
Please have the Form and fee to the leadership 1 week before the camp.
The 236th Scouting Group will be going to camp at Woodland Trails Camp “Chestnut Village”.
The weekend camp fee is $40.00 per person. Transportation should be arranged by the parents.
We will meet as usual at camp, If coming to my home, arrive by 6:20 pm latest. We will join up in the parking lot at the camp and follow Skips vehicle in after registration. Do not proceed from the parking lot at Camp till Skip gives the okay.
Love Camping, wide area games, sleeping in tents. Being with your friends Our goal is to encourage youth to work together, learn skills and have fun in the woods. We are in the big field beside the parking lot just behind the big building you can see from the parking lot.
The weekend camp fee is still $40.00 per person. Transportation should be arranged by the parents. The challenge for the parents is to make sure each youth has transportation. To do so will mean youth working together with parents to find rides for all scouts.
Please have the application and fee back to the leadership at least 1 week before the camp.
WHAT TO BRING/LEAVE BEHIND:
- Dress warm, but wear Class A Uniform going to and from camp
- Group Shirt, Group Cap, Group Scarf.
- Medication, if needed (prescription only) with current dosage/instruction label and scout’s name/troop #
- Tell us if Inhaler (i.e. asthma) or bee-sting kit, if needed are brought up
- Sleeping bag or 3 warm blankets and pillow
- Scout Uniform(s) B Class, Underwear (3 changes), Socks (4 pair)
- Sneakers (enclosed-toe shoes must be worn at all times for safety)
- Casual (work) shirts (2), Shorts and T-Shirts, Pajamas, long pants (Min 2),
- Sweater or sweatshirt, Windbreaker or jacket, Raincoat or poncho and boots
- Toilet articles, toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, metal mirror, soap in plastic container, and hand towel, Flashlight & spare batteries,
- Kleenex or handkerchief, Insect Repellent non aerosol, Back pack or pack frame
- Must have Canteen or water bottle on your belt
- carry band-aids
- Camera and film, Sunglasses and sunscreen
DO NOT SEND:
- toys, which if lost or missing, will cause major problems for you or your child.
- Do not send dangerous things, like fireworks; sling shots, rifles, guns, peashooters, video or audio equipment.
- No pets are permitted in Camp.
- You do not need any money at camp (Honest).
- Do not take photos of others without their permission.
Thanks from Skip, Scouter Robert (Bob) Taylor